- School Supplies
- 4th Grade Parent Orientation
- Family Information
- ST Math Resources for Parents
- Sayreville Borough Links
- Report Cards
- Resources for talking to children about tragedy
Samsel Upper Elementary School
Below is a list of suggested supplies for students entering the 4th or 5th grade. Further detailed information may be found on the teacher’s webpage or in the teacher’s opening letter which students will receive in September.
Grades 4 and 5
Language Arts, Social Studies, Math & Science
Specials (Spanish, Music, Art, Technology & Physical Education)
· Backpack to carry belongings to/from and in-school
· Soft pencil case/Ziploc bag for belongings
· Approximately 5 notebooks*
· Approximately 4 folders*
*Extras are always helpful
· 4 folders (Spanish, Music, Art & Technology)
· Sneakers (Must be worn on days when children have Physical Education.)
Miscellaneous supplies that are helpful learning tools: Crayons/ Colored Pencils, Glue, Post-its, highlighters and hand-held pencil sharpener
· Students will be given a homework agenda pad on the first day. This will be used daily. Some children have experienced success when using a small, thin binder to keep a homework folder, agenda pad, and pencil case together.
· Large Velcro binders are not suggested as they are cumbersome and heavy.
· Please consider that backpacks on wheels may be difficult for some students to carry up the stairs.
· Color-coordinated folders and notebooks may help your child stay organized.
o Ex: Math-blue, Science-green, LAL-yellow
Student Accident - Bollinger Reporting
Our Schools Bulletin
Student log in and password information for Tech Resources
News from the Health Office
Default Student Passwords
How to Log Into Google classroom
Students - changing passwords
Lost and found is located in the cafeteria. Please remind your child to check it.
Earliest drop off time is 8:15am. Breakfast starts at 8:15 am.
Please call the nurses office if your child is going to be absent. (732-316-4050, press 1). Also, please send in a note upon your child's return.
If your child forgets his/her lunch or lunch money an IOU will be provided.
There is a box outside the main office for dropping off items for your child. Items will be delivered to your child.
If dropping your child off at school please drive to the left side and drop your child at the curb.
If your student is late you must walk them into the school and sign them in.
Applications for free and reduced lunch are available in from the main office.
Photo identification is required for anyone picking up a child from school.
No hard copies of report cards will be sent home. They will be posted in the Parent Portal
Progress for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade will be reported during trimesters in accordance with our standards-based report cards. As a reminder, no hard or paper copies of report cards or progress reports will be sent home. Instead, we will post in OnCourse Connect.
Parents: Please remember to sign-in to OnCourse Connect, our Student Information System, which will alert parents automatically if the student experiences a decrease in grades or incurs a behavioral violation. If you do not remember your log in or password, please email email@example.com.
For directions to accessing report cards please click here.
These links may be helpful in talking to children about tragedies and other traumatic events:
Talking to children about tragedies and other news events
Tips for talking to children after a disaster
How to talk to kids about traumatic events
Health resources - from Rutgers